Introducing Richard D. Lawrence ...
Richard D. Lawrence has been trying cases for over thirty-nine years in Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Early years of practice included successful defense of persons accused of serious crimes including murder. Since the 1980's he has concentrated on representing those who have been catastrophically injured as a result of negligent medical care. He holds one of the largest verdicts in a medical malpractice case in both the State of Ohio and in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. He was married to his high school sweetheart, Diana, for 42 years. In recent years he became a widower after his wife passed away following a long illness. He is the proud father and grandfather of five children and six grandchildren. He works with many close friends within the firm as well as his two daughters, Jennifer and Lindsay and his son-in-law, Rob Lewis. When he is not preparing for cross-examination he enjoys playing golf, traveling and spending time with his children and grandchildren.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky - J.D. cum laude - 1971
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio - B.A. - 1967
- "Who Speaks for Justice?", Texas Trial Lawyer Assoc., Chapter 5
- Co-Author, "All About VBAC", Birth Trauma Litigation Newsletter, 1996
- Co-Author, "The Cultural Bias", Birth Trauma Litigation Newsletter, 1997
- "Reflection on Jury Selection", Advocate, 2002
- Co-Author, "Wrongful Death", ATLA's Litigating Tort Cases, Chapter 26
- Co-Author, "Missing the Beat, Failure to Diagnose Heart Attack Cases", Trial Magazine
- "What good will the money do?", Trial Magazine
- "Birth Injuries", Operative Obstetrics, Chapter 21
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers, Cincinnati Area Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2010
- American Association for Justice, Dan Cullen Memorial Award for Representation of Brain Injured Children, 2008
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2008
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Wiedemann, Wysocki Award, 2004
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association Lifetime Achievement Award, 2004
- Listed as one of the Top Ten Trial Attorneys by the National Law Journal of Ohio
- Recognized by Cincinnati Magazine for excellence in Medical Malpractice Litigation, 1995 and 2004
- Received the Distinguished Lawyer Award by the Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, 1996
- Listed in "The Best Lawyers In America"
- Listed in "Who's Who In American Law"
- Listed in "International Who's Who of Professionals"
- Listed in "Cambridge Who's Who Registry"
- Listed in "The National Registry of Who's Who"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Past National Chair of Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice, Past National Co-Chair of the Medical Negligence Group
- American Association for Justice, Past National Chair for the Professional Negligence Section
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, Past Treasurer
- Kentucky Justice Association, Secretary
- Kentucky Justice Association, President
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Inner Circle of Advocates
- Fellow of the International Society of Barristers
- Melvin M. Belli Society
- Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court, Member
- Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court, Past President